Tuesday 14 February 2012

NOTD: My first, rubbish attempt at nail art!

I decided to have a go at some basic nail art last night. As the weather is a bit gloomy I decided to brighten things up with some bright colours from my faves Barry M.

I used Flamingo Pink on the base which is my fave pink shade. My blackberry flash makes it look really luminous but its just a vibrant, pale pink. I added polka dots on the top using a pencil (skilled, I know!) in Lemon Ice Cream.

This is a really bright yellow and I love it but I'm not sure about it all over my stumpy nails. Maybe it'll grow on me!

Any tips on how do do pretty but easy nail art would be much appreciated! :)

7 comments:

  1. That's not rubbish I love it! So bright and cheerfull :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great!! I'm always rubbish at doing my left hand where I'm right handed! lol

    Jen xx
    http://kitch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - Trying to get in the spring spirit! :) xx

    Jen - Lol me too, my right hand is an absolute mess!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they look really nice (': for doing poc-a-dot nails i use one those little cotton bud on a stick thingys :L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that's a bad attempt at nail art, it looks cute!

    I try to do a bit of simple nail art myself every now and then, take a look on my blog if you'd like :)

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess - I'll have to try with those, might be neater then a pencil :)

    Amelia - I'll go check them out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute, I love the colours! This is about as far as I can go with nail art, too clumsy. I make dots using a toothpick. xx

    ReplyDelete